- Nuclear energy is the energy released during a nuclear reaction. It is the energy from the nucleus of an atom.
- Uranium is one of the most important radioactive elements used in generating nuclear energy.
- Nuclear energy from a nuclear reaction is more than 1 million times the energy liberated during a chemical reaction!
- A typical nuclear battery can last for more than 50 years!
- Modern nuclear submarines can last for 30-35 years before refuelling!
- A single typical nuclear plant can generate enough electricity to power 690,000 homes without creating air emissions! (Our Honourable Minister of Power, Babatunde Raji Fashola can borrow ideas from here.)
- In 2016, Russia unveiled a nuclear missile “Satan 2” that could destroy an area “the size of Texas or France”! Landmass area of Texas is about 75% of Nigeria’s landmass area.
- If your car uses nuclear fuel, you would probably fuel your car once in 50 years!
(Photo Credits: andrewtheprophet.com)